Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A beautiful 'break'

Who scored on this trip? I think it's fair to say all of us... Ryan and I started our weekend with a refreshing plane ride where we actually finished sentences, thoughts and conversations, without interruption. We even closed our eyes. Now those of you without children probably wouldn't think much of this, but fellow parents, you totally understand.
After a few days of catching up with many friends whom we miss so much in our old stomping ground, we headed out by ourselves for a couple of days. My husband definitely made me proud. South Coast Winery in Temecula was perfect. Breathtaking views, cozy villas, and quality time together was exactly what we'd been craving.
Now as far as the boys... I know Weston was on cloud 9 with Grammy's attention days on end. Merrick wouldn't leave her arms when we returned. And Grammy you ask? I'm sure she's been sleeping since we dropped her off at Amtrak this afternoon. She's our hero. xoxo

1 comment:

Spencer Jack said...

Mommy and I are so glad you guys had a good time! Glad you sent grammy back to me, I was starting to miss her too much! We love you guys!!