Saturday, August 14, 2010

A day on the farm

The Dow's farm is a place I spent over half of my childhood. Taking my boys out there brings back so many great memories. Like being so scared of the big, old barn at night, watching calves being born, stumbling upon a bull in the midst of a field and sprinting through gigantic corn stalks to escape, listening to the coyotes at night, and spending time with the Dow's. My boys LOVE it out there. The barn is now empty, except for little critters who now call it home and an owl we intentionally quietly crept up on. He lives at the very top of the barn and flew right over our heads once he noticed us. It was so cool! I could not get Merrick off of the 4-wheeler. I put a little helmet on him and took him for a ride, he was so excited!
I didn't get any photos with the cows or fields, but it is absolutely beautiful, almost makes me want to live on a farm... almost. Thanks Auntie Kim for sharing your photos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nobody has more fun at the farm then grandpa George! We sure had fun on the 4 wheeler! especially Merrick and mommy! I sure love all of you!