Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Special Weekend!

Last weekend we dedicated Merrick at church. They call it a 'baby dedication', but it's actually a parents dedication... We get the chance to ask our community to help us raise our kiddos the best we can, to know the Lord. It's been really cool for Ryan and I to talk about how we desire to raise our boys and what an incredible privilege it is that God has entrusted us with these little guys. Parenting is so hard, but it's the biggest sense of freedom and peace knowing that we do our best, and at the end of the day they are God's and He is in control.
Grandpa Bob and Grammy made a special drive to be with us and celebrate this handsome big boy...
And of course his handsome big brother! Weston was very excited to be on stage for Merrick and he actually lasted longer than I thought :) The sun even peeked through the clouds so we could walk up the street for a yummy breakfast. It was a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa George was sad that he could not be there for the big day. Grandma Joyce and I celebrated 6 years of marriage that day. i sure look forward to seeing all of you on Thanksgiving. I love you and miss you all!

Three Little Birds said...

LOVE these boys so much!! Love you guys to, Ry & Ali. Miss you bunches. xoxoxo EM & ROB *ps We're trying out blogspot... check us out! (I'll try to link us... I'm still learning) :)

Unknown said...

Hi there Ali and all the boys....I had an urge to see if you still kept this page current,,,,so I searched through all my emails ..all the way back to Nov 2007 to find this blog site you set up...glad i did too...your little guys are so cute and adorable...you and Ryan are so blessed...just missed you and it has been so long since we last connected...by the way Kelly may move to Bend Or this summer...she visited last Aug 2010 and loved it...is going this Feb to see if she can handle the cold,,,then they will move before the cold season of 2011..her bio dad lives in Bend in the house she came home to from the hospital as a newborn... well hope everyone is great..love Brenda Kobayashi

Unknown said...

Hey! Where are my Ash family updates? I'm dying! ;-)

Like I have any room to talk, right?

Love you!

Joy Eggerichs said...

Lets get back to blogging boo!