Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Advent Conspiracy

This idea has changed our lives (for the better!), at Christmas. But even better, it's opened our eyes to the direct impact we have on so many other lives across the world. The power to save families, little kids, who die because they don't have access to clean water. I can't imagine if I couldn't give Weston and Merrick clean water. Because I'm shopping less and being more intentional with my time and money, it gives me the opportunity to give more of myself; to my family and friends, the most special gift of all! I know I sound dramatic, but the truth is dramatic. Check out the video and read the stories on the website. Thanks...

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I love the book and am thankful for being introduced to it attending Imago Dei with you...the message of giving of relationship, presence (not presents), and helping others really speaks to my heart. Giving to a charity just to give in lieu of a gift didn't mean nearly as much to me as building relationship with family, friends, and those in need around the world while spreading the love of Christ. Now I'm really excited to lead an "Advent Conspiracy" at my church and make time for others. This also adds so much meaning to the water project I'm heading up at church for wells in Kisii, Kenya--God's timing never ceases to amaze me.

Karen, Scott, and Jared said...

thanks so much for posting this Ali! i put the link on my facebook for others to check out. scott and i were just talking about doing Christmas differently this year (and for the future) because its just so gross the way we do it now. it should not be stressful, but a really JOY-FULL time as we celebrate Jesus' birth. YouTube has SEVERAL videos about the advent conspiracy, and it was really inspiring to watch some of them. Thanks for posting this, and I WILL SEE YOU IN JANUARY!! :-)