Sunday, June 27, 2010

A boat and climbing trees

Saturdays are "daddy days" around here. While I'm at work, the boys get an extra special day with Ryan, and they love it. He does so well with them; they're always outside, building something and happy when I come home.
The exciting story West could hardly wait to tell me was about the boat they built together. West hammered nails and painted it himself, he was very proud. And the true test was setting sail at the creek across the street... It can float well!
When I was little my friend and I made little boats out of supplies we found on the beach. The funnest part was lighting a candle, putting it on the 'boat' and letting it sail away while watching the candle until it burnt out, was blown out, or hit by a wave. I told West the story (he's very into hearing stories about me when I was little), and he was so excited to add a tea candle to the top of his boat.
Merrick is so close to walking. He thinks it's so fun to stand by himself, he just giggles until he falls over. He's a great climber (and biter), but not quite walking. He is getting so big!

1 comment:

Spencer Jack said...

I love them both so much! Can't wait for a summer visit!