Thursday, September 23, 2010

The blessing of Grandparents!

We feel so happy that our kids have grandparents. Not just the kind who's picture hangs on the wall but grandparents who truly want to be an active part of our boys' lives. And how awesome is it for Weston and Merrick to have three sets of grandparents?! Plus a few more who may not be actual family, nevertheless, love our boys like their own. This weekend Grandpa George drove all the way down here to spend quality time with the boys, give me a much needed break and cooked us one of the best meals we've shared in a long time. Thanks Grandpa! With Ryan traveling A TON we really need to be intentional with family time. Grammy sent us out to Seaside for a couple of days to get away from the busy city and gaze out at the ocean. It's amazing what the ocean, sand, and sun can do for an anxious mind. Well, it is the Oregon coast so maybe not as much sun as I'd like. But the boys were loving every minute of the pool, Daddy, and managing to squeeze sticky sand into every body part. Do you think pictures like these will prove to the boys how dramatic they were even as infants? In an instant it turns from happy, best friend play to a scream which makes you think someone is being tortured. All in all, I'd say we had a pretty great time together. Thank you so much Grammy and Grandpa Bob!

3 comments:

Spencer Jack said...

I told mommy this morning out of nowhere "I miss Weston..." we need to have a visit soon!

Grandpa George said...

Grandpa George thinks you all are very special also. I love coming down there very much! I will see you all again very very soon!

Grammy (Mom) said...

These pictures just light up my heart and make my day! Smiles galore! I love you all- thank you Ali for taking the time to keep us a part of all of your lives!