Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Merrick!

Who's that in their birthday suit?
Merrick is one today! He loved the attention; every time we sang happy birthday he smiled so big with excitement. The chocolate cupcakes were his first introduction to 'dessert'. Without question he definitely has my sweet tooth and loved every bite of it, especially the yummy frosting.
He has become quite the comedian with this 'Chucky' face... complete with snorting, heavy breathing, and head shaking.
Weston was an awesome big brother today. I'm sure it helped he had some gifts to open, Grammy and Grandma Joyce to smother him with attention, and a day outside 'working' with Daddy.
Merrick is so fun, I can't believe he's one already and am incredibly grateful to be his mom. I get excited thinking about our years to come, getting to know him as he grows, and watching his relationship with Weston. They are pretty incredible!

5 comments:

Karen, Scott, and Jared said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERRICK!! We love you and love that you had such a fun birthday today with your family. Those cupcakes look delicious and I'm happy to know that you have your mommy's sweet tooth. God bless you sweet boy! :-)

Joyce said...

Grandpa George wishes he could have been there for the big day. I will come down again real soon....maybe Memorial weekend. I love all your pictures and show them to my friends at school almost every day.
Hugs and kisses to 2 very sweet boys!

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Merrick! So cute in your birthday suit.
How fun that you're having nice, sunny weather... warm enough to let the kids run around in the nude!

Can't wait to introduce Ivy to Merrick. They're so close in age.
xoxo C

The Adamo Family said...

Al, will you email me your number? I thought I knew it, but I keep getting the wrong number!

xoxo C

Karen, Scott, and Jared said...

By the way, I love the raised flower beds! How fun!