Monday, May 31, 2010

Multnomah County Fair

We were so excited to find out the fair was only minutes from our house! With everything from a humongous momma pig and her 11 babies, to a camel named Nigel... the fair was a big hit. The sun even decided to come out for a little while which made our ice cream cones even better!
Of course, Weston loved the ponies. Although I wish I had a photo of Ryan and Weston racing the go carts. I don't know who was more intense to watch, they both were so pumped up.
The weekend was even better because Grammy, Grandpa Bob and Grandpa George were all over to play! They are the best helpers, playmates, and chefs, we love when they visit.
As I watched some of the Memorial Day specials, it reaffirmed and really weighed heavy on my heart how blessed we are. Thank you to all the military and their families. I can't imagine how much they endure, whether it's being deployed and separated from their families, or defending America overseas. It is a huge blessing to live in freedom and we are very grateful!

1 comment:

Karen, Scott, and Jared said...

Nigel is one of my favorite little names... how perfect that you found a camel named Nigel. :-) I cannot wait to see you in less than 2 weeks. It cannot come soon enough.